April 19, 2018 is Robbinsdale's 125th Anniversary of Incorporation. To celebrate, a list of events to help celebrate this anniversary during the month of April has been created.
Buttons are for sale to help celebrate the event. Button sales go towards funding these events. Buttons can be bought at the following locations:
Robbinsdale City Hall - 4100 Lakeview Avenue North, Robbinsdale, MN 55422.
Wicked Wort Brewing Company - 4165 West Broadway Avenue, Robbinsdale, MN 55422.
Citizens Independent Bank - 3700 West Broadway Avenue, Robbinsdale, MN 55422.
Welna's Ace Hardware - 4140 West Broadway Avenue, Robbinsdale, MN 55422.
Salon HALO - 4101 West Broadway Avenue Suite B, Robbinsdale, MN 55422.
- The Robbinsdale Historical Society has on display items celebrating Robbinsdale 125th Anniversary at the Robbin Gallery throughout the month of February.
- A Cootie Medallion Hunt is being planned to kick off the festivities on March 31st. Eight clues have been written, with one being released each day, similar to the winter carnival. Medallion hunters must have purchased a Quasquicentennial button in order to have a chance to win the cash prize. The first clue will be given out Saturday, March 31st. Clues will be posted on Facebook and the city website, as well as on the doors of City Hall. The winner will receive a $300 cash prize from www.inthepast1.com.
- Carriage Rides will be available for residents on Saturday, April 7th from noon to 3:00 p.m. Staging will take place in the downtown plaza. The event is free but donations will be accepted to cover the cost of providing the rides. Participants must be lined up by 2:30 p.m. to ride.
- Student Art Display -- April 9th through April 23rd at Robbinsdale City Hall.
- Rockin' Robins Dance sponsored by the Robbinsdale Whiz Bang Days Ambassadors on April 21st. Located at Elim Lutheran Church from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Tickets will be available at the door for $5 per person, $15 per family. Tickets proceeds go towards the Robbinsdale Whiz Bang Ambassadors Program.
- Best Beard Contest and Fiddler Jamboree will be held at Wicked Wort on Monday, April 23rd at 7:00 p.m. The Best Beard Contest is being sponsored by Salon HALO and the Fiddler Jamboree is being sponsored by Citizens Independent Bank. There are 5 categories for the Best Beard Contest an contest entrants will pay an entry fee of $10 with chance to win prizes. The event is adult only. To enter the contest, contact John Tingley at 763-531-1253 or Amarda Kist at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- A Quasquicentennial Arbor Day tree planting will take place on Saturday April 28th at 10:00 a.m. The event will be sponsored by the Robbinsdale Recreation Department. On April 28th, from noon to 3p.m., the Robbinsdale City Band will be hosting a concert at the Lakeview Terrace Pavilion in Lakeview Terrace Park sponsored by GoHealth Chiropractic. The Lions Club will be selling hot dogs and brats.
- Other events will include a large cootie on display sponsored by Travail and displayed outside the Robbinsdale Historical Society building.
Questions about the celebration can be directed to John Tingley at Robbinsdale City Hall at 763-531-1253 or email@example.com.
Thanks to our wonderful sponsors: